Fruit Art Framed Print Description
Despite all the wonderful modern ways of printing and presenting photographs, a properly mounted and framed print using good quality woods and conservation mounts has a special provenance and imposing elegance - the time served way of enhancing, protecting and displaying all types of artwork. As a very busy, lean, organised and experienced workshop we can also create them at a much lower price than you will have come to expect from the high street, yet at the same or better quality. Likewise cheap online or mass retailers with their often “loss leader” frames draw no comparison to a “proper job” like ours and the bespoke, high integrity and knowledgeable service that we provide. We carefully choose the materials for a high quality long-lasting product but likewise don't try to “oversell” museum quality if it is not beneficial or scaremonger you in to spending more money than you should (it's not unheard of in framing).
Upload your photo now and conveniently choose from a wide range of frames online or contact us for something bespoke or large quantity. Online we have a choice of three conservation mount colours from off-white to rich cream or we can frame without a mount (more colours and options on request). Conservation means there is nothing in the mount to harm the print and the bevelled edge will not turn brown like on cheap décor quality artworks. Try us once and you will almost certainly be delighted with the quality and value!
Fruit Art Framed Print Advantages
- Quality brand acid-free art paper and mount board will not discolour
- Independent research shows that our pigmented prints will resist fading in normal indoor light for up to 200 years!
- For conservation and display reasons prints are "dry mounted" flat where necessary (larger sizes always) with an inert heat activated adhesive
- Large selection of quality wood mouldings for all budgets
- Comes fully assembled ready to hang with strong MDF backer and taped to keep out pollutants and insects.
- Online orders use premium framers acrylic glazing which looks just like glass and does not show any ripples/imperfections whilst being safe to hang anywhere, even kids rooms or public areas. No risk of breakage in transit too.
- We use quality matte papers so that there is no “double reflection” of the glazing and print and the eye is absorbed further in to the picture. Gloss papers tend to show ripples, glares and reflections or look like "orange peel" when mounted down – great for 6" x 4" holiday snaps and tactile but not the ideal choice for a frame in our learned opinion.
- Where necessary the mitred corners are glued, underpinned, sanded and finished as per a proper strong framing job.
Fruit Art Framed Print Materials
- Acid-free 270gsm top brand smooth art paper natural white. We sometimes use bright white matte paper if it would suit the picture better or requested (can look better for white background studio photography but will not be as archival).
- Other papers upon request.
- Conservation quality mount board as standard with 45 degree bevel edge
- Quality framers' dry mount tissues and tapes as standard
- 2.5mm smooth and firm MDF backer (we do not use cardboard as standard)
- Low stretch 100kg+ breaking point picture cord ready strung.
- As usual our leading 200 year printer inks in 12 colours for impressive saturated colours, neutral black and whites and no fade in normal conditions.
- All frames come with a high level of cushioning and protection so that damage in transit is extremely rare (currently about once every 4-6 months this happens – probably much less often than people damaging frames picked up from the framers as they go to the car with them unboxed!)